Monday, August 1, 2011

Is It The Memory or The Mind That's The First To Go?

I got up over an hour ago to let the dogs outside.  I took my glass with me so I could circle through the kitchen to refresh my ice water to take my meds.  While I was in the kitchen, I decided to check our supply of ice so I could set aside some for Hoover's water...he's our outside dog...to help him stay cool in this horrid heat.  Our ice maker only holds so much ice and I wanted to set aside some so the ice maker could continue to make more (in case you were wondering).  When I opened the freezer door, I realized I had frozen a water bottle earlier to take it out to Hoover.  I pulled out the frozen bottle, walked out back and threw it over to Hoover's side of the fence and then let the dogs in (who were now upset because Hoover got something and they didn't...well, except Angel...she can't see so she didn't realize what was going on).  I walked back in the living room, sat back down in my chair, got my computer comfy in my lap, Brutus curled up on my ottoman, and restarted my movie "When In Rome." 

It's now over an hour later, and I just realized I never refreshed my water much less brought it in here with me.  Normally, I could ask one of the boys to go do it for me, but I'M THE ONLY HUMAN IN THE HOUSE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment