Friday, July 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Truffles

I was browsing Pinterest and found a very simple recipe for peanut butter balls made with chunky peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs then dipped in chocolate....all of these items which I happened to have on hand.

I decided to make them so the boys would have a yummy treat when they return home from camp today (and they are on their way as I type!).  The recipe called for 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs and 1 cup chunky peanut butter.  There wasn't enough peanut butter to bind it all together properly so I probably added at least another 1/2 cup.  I did taste the filling and it didn't seem sweet enough so I added about 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of honey.  It was still pretty loose and my next idea was to add cream cheese, but I wanted to get the truffles finished...I didn't want to wait for the cream cheese to soften at room temperature (I hate softening it in the microwave).

The filling was still a little loose, but it worked.  I formed all of the filling into bite-size balls (almost 40) then I dipped them in the melted dipping chocolate then sprinkled them with ground chocolate and chocolate chips.  I tasted one today and they taste just like a Reese's peanut butter cup!!  The boys (and even Ed) should love them!  They're not extremely attractive, but they are yummy!  I'm not posting a recipe below, because I'm not sure of the exact portions (and I'm just being lazy).


Enjoy!

Collette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment