Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quick & Yummy Pizzas

When everyone is home during the summer, we usually fend for ourselves for breakfast and lunch, but sometimes I like to throw together something fun for the kids...especially when they're walking around like zombies...."we have nothing to eat...we having nothing to eat....we have nothing to eat."  Of course we have nothing to eat.  The child's owner's manual mentioned NOTHING about boys eating their parents out of house and home!!  And I just remembered that zombies do not talk, so bad analogy on my part...sorry.  How do I know this?  My daughter got me hooked on this TV show called "The Walking Dead."  No other discussion...it's just wrong, I know.

Ed and the boys are at church camp (we call it Junior Camp) this week...their fourth year together.  Ed is a counselor and loves it...so far he has been the boys' counselor every year.  Ed likes to give out prizes to his campers to encourage them to learn Bible verses, so the kids and I went to the local Dollar Tree last week to purchase those prizes for him.  He's been extremely busy doing an awesome job supporting his family.  While we were at the dollar store, I picked up 2 packages of pizza crusts remembering that I had a jar of pizza sauce in the pantry.

So today, I decided to make me semi-homemade pizzas for lunch that turned out to be very quick and yummy.  I should apologize up front for not having any pictures of the final product.  I devoured them before I decided to post.  I did take a picture of the second set of unopened crusts so you can see which ones I'm talking about in case you decide to venture out looking for them. 



I placed the 2 crusts on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzled them with about a half tablespoon olive oil each.  I spread the olive oil around all over the crust (including the edges) with my pastry brush.  I don't usually keep fresh garlic around, because I'm too lazy to deal with it in the kitchen, but I keep minced garlic in the fridge.  I put about 1/2 teaspoon of the minced garlic on each crust and worked it around with the pastry brush so it was mixed in with the oil and spread out.  I put 3 to 4 tablespoons of the jarred pizza sauce on each crust and spread it around with the back of a spoon.  I sprinkled about 1/2 cup of the Italian blend shredded cheese (regular shredded mozzarella works, too) on each crust then topped that with pepperoni slices (pick your own toppings).  Then I sprinkled a little more of the cheese on top of the pepperoni.

I baked them in a pre-heated 400-degree oven for 10 minutes and they turned out perfectly.  Again, sorry I don't have pics of the final product...if I make some for Lindsay later, I'll take pictures and update this post.  I'm not including the recipe below...I figure this is easy enough to follow along...hopefully.

Enjoy!!

Collette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment