Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Garlic Toast Meatball Subs & Chili-Cheese Burritos

This isn't the actual picture of the recipe....I borrowed this one

I was going to post Lindsay's graduation pictures today, but something is wrong with the flash drive they are on and I can't get to the pictures.  I cried for about 5 minutes...yes, I'm extremely emotional right now.  Ed said he may have them backed up on one of his computers.  Please pray that we find them!

Since I can't post her pictures, I decided to post a couple of recipes I've recently tried.  Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the recipes, so you will have to use your imagination.  (Hopefully I will win the Nikon camera the Pioneer Woman is giving away tonight!)

Garlic Toast Meatball Subs

8 slices garlic toast (I buy the kind pre-cut with garlic butter on both sides from the Wal-Mart bakery)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
48 meatballs (I used Italian-style, but I prefer the Homestyle)
24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce

Turn oven on to Broil setting and let preheat for about 5 minutes.  I placed the 8 pieces of garlic toast in an aluminum disposable pan (to save cleaning an extra pan).  Toast both sides of the bread under the broiler until golden brown.  Pull the bread the bread out and set aside.  Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees.  Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt; mix well.  After the bread cools enough to handle it, spread the cream cheese mixture on each piece of toast, dividing it equally among all the pieces.  Place each piece of garlic toast back in the pan cream cheese side up.  Sprinkle 8 ounces of the mozzarella cheese evenly over the toast.  Place approximately 6 meatballs on each piece of toast (it's a tight squeeze, but they will all fit).  Pour the jar of spaghetti sauce evenly over the top of the meatballs until they are all covered using the entire jar of sauce.  Top with the remaining 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes on the middle rack so the cheese doesn't burn.

Print Garlic Toast Meatball Subs Recipe

A former classmate of mine posted on facebook that she had tried the recipe from Pinterest and her family loved it, so I gave it a try, but made some changes to mine.  If you want to search Pinterest for the original recipe, I have it posted on my Main Dishes Board or you can search Meatball Sub Casserole.


Chili-Cheese Burritos

8 frozen bean and cheese burritos (or your favorite kind)
15 ounce can Wolf Brand chili (no beans)
15 ounce can Ranch Style beans, undrained
8 ounces shredded Cheddar

Prepare burritos in the oven according to package directions.  Combine the chili and beans; mix well.  With 10 minutes cooking time remaining on the burritos, remove from the oven and pour the chili over the burritos.  Return to the oven.  At the end of the cooking time for the burritos, remove the chili-covered burritos and top them with the shredded Cheddar cheese.  Return to the middle rack of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.

Print Chili-Cheese Burritos Recipe

This was a creation of my own.  I served it with a salad...I realize that's an odd combination, but we needed some kind of vegetables to work all that junk through our systems!  These are both super easy and quick recipes!!

Enjoy!

Collette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment