Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Max


This is our son, Max.  He's my step-son, but I never, ever considered him anything other than my own child.  I sit and look at this picture, realizing I didn't give birth to him, but feeling nothing less than the same maternal love for him that I have for my 3 biological children.  That beautiful smile...that's our Max.

I have been wanting to write something about him, but it has been too difficult.  Even now, my eyes are filled with tears and I can barely see to type these words.  Max took his life on July 23, 2012...two days after his 21st birthday.  I can't believe he is gone....it just doesn't seem real.

I have so much to say about him and so many wonderful pictures to post, but today is not that day.  I don't know when that day will come, but the pain is still too overwhelming.  I can barely get these words out....I can barely breathe just thinking about it all.

Love your children...hold them....kiss them...hug them....for the last time may come.

Collette

2 comments:

  1. Collette: So sorry to hear this, May God give you and your family strength and hope. My wife lost her eldest brother in the same manner when he was only 21, I can't imagine how I would deal with it. Thought and Prayers, Ben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! They are coveted and mean so much! :)

      Delete