Tuesday, January 3, 2012

An Exciting Year

I don't typically look ahead at the beginning of a new year to see what's going on throughout the year.  I like to take it one day at a time.  But as I sat here thinking about what to write, I realized this is a year of huge milestones for our family.  Lindsay turns 18 in 8 days.  My dad will be 65 in February.  Lindsay will be going back to the Dominican Republic for a mission trip then to Italy the following month for her senior class trip.  Then my baby girl graduates in May.  I can't even type the words without my eyes welling with tears.  In the fall she will go to college.  I thought she had pretty much decided on John Brown University in Arkansas, but now she doesn't seem to be as sure, so she's working on her applications to several other colleges.  In the meantime, I'm filling out FAFSA information online so we can see how much financial aid she can get. 

My father-in-law (a widower) is getting married in May to a precious lady.  She and her daughter have become a very special part of our family.  My step-son, Max, turns 21 in July.  And last, but not certainly not least, the boys will be turning 12 on 12/12/12.  We have waited for this birthday since they were little bitty.  This will be their first birthday party they've ever had and we're going to try to make it huge.  They were almost born on December 13, but, due to an ice storm in Dallas that night, my doctor changed his mind at the last minute and decided to go ahead and take them on December 12. 

I'm sure there are other milestones I've overlooked, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.  I always tell myself that I'm not going to make any New Year's Resolutions, but I secretly make at least one to myself then set myself up for failure by actually saying the words out loud.  I'm really not going to make any this year, but without making it an official "resolution", I'm going to try to my darndest to keep a better family meal journal.  I love food.  I love talking about it, writing about it, cooking it, eating it, etc.  So my goal is to keep a more detailed food journal this year so I can keep track of what I'm cooking, how we're eating, how much we're eating at home vs. eating out, etc. 

Speaking of food, I'm craving a fried egg right about now.  I've been meaning to try the Pioneer Woman's Egg In A Hole, but I just haven't.  No time like the present!  And speaking of the Pioneer Woman, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law got me the PW Cookbook for Christmas!  So I have no excuses!

I hope you're having a wonderful year so far!

Happy Living!
Collette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment