Monday, January 30, 2012

Forgotten Trip To The Grocery Store

I will preface this post by stating that I DO still make my kids' school lunches, because I'm momma and that's what I do.  The kids are all old enough and capable, but they do plenty around here for me...plus I just want to do special things for them while I still can.  And if they make their own lunches, then I can't slip my special daily notes in there for them!

I do have some mild OCD in certain areas, but leaving the dishes until the mornings is NOT one of those areas.  If I have cooked the night before, I'm usually too pooped to worry about cleaning up the kitchen before I go to bed.  The boys take their showers at night and because they're twins and they fight over everything, we literally have a chart posted on the hall closet door so the boys can mark who takes a shower first each night.  The one who doesn't have to shower first gets to pick which level of the dishes in the dishwasher they want to put up (top or bottom) from that morning when I did the dishes.  Of course this opens up the dishwasher for me when I'm cleaning the next morning and yes, they do pick the easiest one.

As I'm standing at the sink rinsing off dishes, I realize that I forgot to go to the store over the weekend.  Well, forgot is kind of stretching it.  I kept putting it off, putting it off, then I eventually forgot.  So as I stand there, I start trying to think of things I have around the house.  I could see that there wasn't enough bread for all 3 of them to have a sandwich, so I would have to figure out something else.  I look in the pantry and eyeball the Campbell's Chunky Soup in there and decide to do that for the boys.  Lindsay hates sandwiches, so when she finds out they get soup, she'll probably be ticked that she got stuck with the sandwich.

Then I head to fridge in the garage to get bottled water and open the door to find we are completely out of bottled water.  I see cream soda for the boys and Mountain Dew for Lindsay.  I don't think I've ever given them soda in their lunch, but remember I said earlier that I'm trying to be creative.  I stuck them in the freezer so hopefully they won't be room temperature by lunchtime.  Hope I don't forget them!!

I guess I need to make a grocery list and head out this morning.  We've been cleaning out the fridges, freezers, and pantry over the last several days.  I could not believe all the stuff we had around here to eat!  I guess everyone is ready for some home cooking around here this week.  I know I am!

Hope you have a super day!

Collette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment