Monday, January 16, 2012

Mouth-Watering Meatloaf

A few posts ago, I mentioned that I would eventually get around to posting my newest meatloaf recipe.  I realize meatloaf isn't the classiest cuisine, but don't groan until you've tried this one.  I actually NEVER order meatloaf from restaurants, but I will eat my homemade recipe.  I've changed it up 3 or 4 times in the last 15 years.  This newest recipe is my favorite so far.  If you try it, I hope you enjoy.  And it's kid-friendly!


Mouth-Watering Meatloaf

3 pounds ground beef (I use 73/27 blend and drain off the residual fat)
1 cup crushed french fried onions
1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
8 ounces tomato sauce
2 eggs
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons A-1 steak sauce (I like the thick and zesty blend for this recipe)
1 envelope onion soup mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Roll up your sleeves, remove your rings, watches, and bracelets, wash your hands and dig in!  Yes....you must mix the meatloaf mixture with your hands!  You can try a spoon, but it doesn't blend near as well.  I like to spread my meat mixture into a metal 13x9-inch baking pan, because it doesn't take as long to cook and I can fit it all into one pan.  If you do use this method, bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.  If you use meatloaf pans, you'll probably want to separate the meat mixture into 2 pans.  I would leave it in a 350 degree oven for at least 30 minutes then check it.  It will probably take at least 45 minutes to cook thoroughly (depending on your oven).

Print Meatloaf Recipe

I mentioned that I use the 73/27 blend of ground beef then drain off the fat.  There are pans that have been manufactured that automatically drains off the fat for you and you're not having to try to prevent the hunk of meat from flying out of the pan while you're draining.  My next kitchen purchase is a Kitchen Aid stand mixer...after I recover financially from that purchase, I plan on buying the magic meatloaf pans.

If you're not scared of meatloaf, I hope you will give this recipe a try.  Enjoy!

Happy cooking!

Collette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment